20 July 2009

SYTYCD and Pre-Canada

It's late, I know. But its raining hard outside and the panel of fencing right outside my bedroom window is flappin back and forth, and is keeping me awake. I should have had this panel fixed ages ago, but like me having to make a dental appointment, I have put it off.

Anyway! I thought I would take this opportunity to write something.

Last night I went to the So You Think You Can Dance live tour at the Challenge Stadium. Freaking awesome! The dissy seating section was a slightly crappy distance from the stage but you could still see and hear everything. All those guys danced amazingly. Charlie was my favourite during the season so it was great to be able to see him dance live. Every now and then I would draft a txt in my phone the lyrics of the songs they danced to. I highly recommend you download James Morrison's 'You make it real'. It's the song for when they danced about the fires in Victoria. Awesome song. I'm still trying to find a song by Jane Siberry called 'Honey Bee' (well at least thats what Google told me it was called). But my program of choice doesn't seem to have that one.

I fly to Melbourne on Tuesday (which technically is tomorrow) and then stay over night to fly to LA then Chicago and finally Ottowa before bus'ing it to where ever it is we are staying. I haven't packed yet. I never do til either the day before or on the day of flying. I do however have a huge pile of uniform and random items on my couch, waiting to be sorted into some logical order. Its going to be tough. Maz the Manager has told us to pack light, but I have to fit in everything that was listed on the Gliders uniform list, as well as stuff needed for the Western Stars when I arrive back in Melbourne. PLUS a few sets of casual wear for when Im hangin with Dori for the 2 or 3 days between arriving in Melbourne and meeting up with the Stars for WNWBL. Anyway, Im rambling, but my main point, is that it will be a challenge.

There is so much that I have to do tomorrow (sorry, I mean today). I have to go to the shops, go to the physio, go to the hairdresser or at least make an appointment for tuesday morning, pay all the bills that are due while im away, and ring up anyone that I have to (like re-arranging my car service). I know that probably doesnt sound like a whole lot but its strange how time just goes by and all of a sudden its time to go to training. I also have to finish the last 2 chapters of Jodi Picoult's the Pact so I dont have to take 2 books in my backpack. Last trip away I stayed up til 2am just so I didnt have to do just that. Its surprising just how much space they can take up.

Hopefully, the facilities in Canada will have some sort of internet. Whether its a net cafe or wireless. I have bought a new camera on the DutyFree website so that it is waiting for me at Melbourne International Airport before I leave. So I should be able to take better photos this time around (unlike Japan where I got Dori to take all the photos coz her camera was the better one between the 2 of us). I'll try blogg some if I can while I am there.

Anyway, thats enough rambling for tonight. I apologise for any boring-ness and/or typo's. I dont have my glasses on, so its a little blurry. And I'm tired. The wind has died down a bit so hopefully my fence will be nice enough to stay quiet for me. Up early tomorrow so there is no wasting of time.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment