- The Western Stars came 2nd for the 2nd year in a row. I received MVP for 1 pointers and a spot in the All Star 5 for the first time. *beaming!*
- The Wheelcats came 1st for the 4th year in a row. Making us the first team in NWBL history to do so.
- The Gliders played Japan four times in Melbourne during the Rollers Qualification tournament in Melbourne. We won 3 of 4 games. That one game being a hospitable lose apparently. The Gliders also had their 20 year reunion.
- The Wheelcats won team of the year at the WSWA Sports Awards and I was nominated for Athlete of the Year but was second to Justin Eveson. When your up against the number 1 basketballer in the world, your never going to win :) But still, I got a warm fuzzy when my name was called out as a nominee.
- Lee and I had our first 6 month anniversary.
- Donna Percy + Co wants me to work next year which is great since originally it was only meant to be a 6 month contract (which started March 2009!)
- I passed both my units for uni (had to wait ages for results due to action by teachers not releasing results).
- Saw Avatar in 3D on christmas eve. BEST movie of 2009/2010 in my opinion. Sam Worthington, fellow Perthie, your amazing and you played disabled really well! Kudos to you and the guy who plays Artie in Glee for increasing disability awareness. Not too sure about the legs to the side thing though, but still, your transfers were spot on and even your legs looked disabled :P
- I had my first Nott christmas and loved it :)
- Spent New Years in Melbourne for the 3rd year in a row. Loved it loved it loved it! Thank you Dori and Kat :)
So here I am in 2010. World Cup year. I can't believe how quick time has gone. It is kind of scary!
The Gliders have been sent their schedule for the year and its PACKED full of stuff. 2 training camps at the AIS and 5 international tournaments (one of which is being held in Melbourne). Add to all that another season of WNWBL and NWBL and thats a whole lot of basketball.
So this year is a year of finding balance. I'm pretty sure I said something like that for 2009 but I'm pretty sure I failed miserably with it. If only there were more days in the week I might have done better. But there isn't. Basketball and uni affected work. Work and uni affected basketball. Work and basketball affected uni. Basketball, uni and work affected the amount of time I had to myself, which affected my diet, which affected my energy levels, which effected my basketball, uni and work. So you can see why I am going to try again this year.
My first training camp is in 9 days and I am looking forward to seeing the girls again. The last time we were together was in November for those games against Japan in Melbourne. That would be the last time I had a good scrimmage with a size 6 ball. Everything I've done since then was size 7. But I plan on having a good few shoot arounds between now and camp to get me used to the size 6 again. And by 'plan' I mean I hope to. Quality might have to be my friend, not quantity. Gone are the days when I do nothing but basketball (like in 2008 where I deferred uni and had no job).
Uni starts late Feb and I will be doing another 2 units - Criminal Behaviour and Sentencing and Penology. Until then I will be working as many days as possible. When Uni starts back up I will go back to 3 days of work a week. If I had a choice in the matter I would have all my uni on the one day so I can have one day off a week to catch up on any training or uni assessment I need to. But more than likely the lectures for the units will be on different days.
Anyway, in sum: 2010 will be about balance. And landscaping. :)