16 August 2012

39 hours..

..but who is counting??

I left my house in a taxi at 12.30pm Tuesday 14th of August 2012. I am getting ready to go to bed for the first time at 9.37pm Wednesday 15th of August 2012 which is 3.37am Perth time on Thursday the 16th of August 2012. Holy moly it has been a long day!
Bridie doing her stretches in Singapore Qantas Club
Me making the most of our 4 hour delay in Singapore
The Perth and Melbourne Gliders finally met up with the Sydney girls in Heathrow where we shared the same flight as the GB womens wheelchair basketball team to Amsterdam. We managed to get to Amsterdam with only 4 basketball wheelchairs missing (the Melbourne girl's chairs) but thankfully they will be arriving tonight so the girls won't be without their chairs when the games start tomorrow. The bus to Arnhem was about an hour.
Gliders don't pack lightly
I think we are at a place similar to the AIS in Canberra. Lots of small dorm like rooms with various training venues around the campus. Lots of green trees and car parks filling up the rest of the space. After dinner we had a team stretch and then some of us watched a quarter of the GB v Netherlands game. So glad we aren't playing tonight! Also glad our first game has been pushed back from 10am to 1pm!

I am completely knackered but free wifi is free wifi so I couldn't resist the chance of catching up on my social media before I try fall asleep.
Free wifi makes me happy!
 - 13 days til the opening ceremony!!

No comments:

Post a Comment